Consuming raw fruits and vegetables grants increased health as well as the ability to photosynthesize sunlight into David Lee Roth’s singing voice. High-kick into health with today’s Groupon to The Empty Plate NOLA. Choose from the following options:
- For $42 you get a cooking experience for one (an $85 value).
- For $85, you get a cooking experience for two (a $170 value).
- For $170, you get a cooking experience for four (a $340 value).<p>
All cooking experiences include:
- A hands-on cooking class
- Dinner with a choice of beverage<p>
Customers get a choice of the following menu options:
- A creole traditional menu. The menu includes:
- Appetizer: shrimp remoulade
- Main course: fresh fish of the day or creole jambalaya
- Dessert: bread pudding
- An Italian menu. The menu includes:
- Appetizer: Italian salad with fried eggplant
- Main course: lasagna (vegetarian or meat), stuffed shells, or fresh shrimp pasta
- Dessert: fruit ice or Italian cookies
- A Greek menu. The menu includes:
- Appetizer: Greek salad with feta cheese and kalamata olives
- Main course: spanakopita or lamb kabobs
- Dessert: baklava <p>
At The Empty Plate, students cook up customizable three-course creole, Italian, or Greek meals with the help of hands-on instruction in a gourmet kitchen. Groups of up to four gather at the century-old Faubourg St. John home and take a three-hour culinary tour of their chosen destination, simmering creole jambalaya, frying Italian eggplant, or learning what rhymes with Greek spanakopita. Experts modify menus to be meatless, low sugar, and low calorie, and help assuage oven-related fears with a glass of wine or cocktail, along with secret extras that are revealed on the day of class. After all meal components are made, newly minted chefs will remove hats, aprons, and glued-on Easy Bake ovens to indulge in their sweet and savory creations. In addition to leftover food, hands will also tote home a recipe booklet to recreate the meal at home.
Bayou St. John
2819 Bell St.
New Orleans, Louisiana 70119