- AAA Four-Diamond hotel
- Choice of stays at The Essex
- Near Burlington, Vermont
- Five-night package includes shopping, spa, and other discounts
- Two-night package includes choice of cooking class for two or two massages
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
With today's side deal, you get a luxury retreat package to The Essex Resort & Spa, located just outside of Burlington, Vermont. This Groupon is valid November 1, 2010, through April 30, 2011, excluding December 24–31 (Christmas) and February 19–26 (Presidents' Day), and is subject to availability—early bookings are gently suggested for most dates and strenuously suggested for weekends. Choose one of two retreat packages:
- $349 for a two-night getaway and your choice of a cooking class for two or two 50-minute Swedish massages (up to a $758 value)
- $549 for a five-night Sunday-through-Friday getaway (up to a $1,345 value)
The Essex, Vermont’s AAA Four-Diamond culinary resort and spa, includes a vast inventory of serious leisure tools, retail-fueled shoppertainment, and close proximity to wondrous activities and outdoor settings. The Essex is set on an 18-acre nook between the Green Mountains and Lake Champlain, offering guests splendid views and unfettered access to wealthy, cosmopolitan Yetis who just finished shooting their third History Channel special. Groupon holders will be put up in a traditional double-occupancy room for the preferred amount of nights (up to a $269 value per night). Two-nighters will get two hands-on, front-row seats to a Cook Academy class (up to a $220 value), or, if the culinary calendar is incompatible with lounging desires, two 50-minute Swedish massages (a $220 value) that will knead away all the remaining pent-up tension from being pampered so hard. You can also mix and match by redeeming one spot in a class and one massage. See the sidebar for a full list of retreat benefits.
Not valid for existing or group reservations. Additional fees apply for groups larger than two adults ($20 for each additional adult) and families with more than two children ($10 for each additional child 17 and under).
- The 120 rooms here are every bit as impressive as the food, and 20 acres of grounds on a majestic hillside setting enhance the experience of staying. – Frommer's
- It’s a wonderful and peaceful environment to relax and unwind with luxury amenities and an attentive four star service. It has all the comfort with that extra touch of ‘Classic Country’ feel. The hotel grounds are beautifully manicured. – Woman-and-her-dog, TripAdvisor