All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed October 17, 2017
· Reviewed November 20, 2016
· Reviewed November 2, 2016
What You'll Get
Today’s side deal steeps edible instruction in a weekend state of mountain-surrounded relaxation: for $469, you get a two-night Vermont getaway for two, plus either two admissions to an onsite, hands-on cooking class or two 50-minute Swedish massages (up to a $951 total value) at The Essex Resort & Spa, located just outside of Burlington, Vermont (about a four-hour drive from downtown Ottawa). This Groupon is valid Nov. 1, 2010, through December 31, 2011. Room rates vary by date and class rates vary by subject.
The Essex is Vermont’s culinary resort and spa, and it includes a vast inventory of serious leisure tools such as complimentary snowshoe rental, afternoon cookies, high-speed Internet access, and a pool/hot-tub combo. The Essex is set in an 18-acre nook between the Green Mountains and Lake Champlain, offering guests splendid views and unfettered access to wealthy, cosmopolitan Yetis who just finished shooting their third History Channel special. Groupon holders will be put up in a double-occupancy room for two nights (up to a $365.50-per-night average value) and will get two hands-on, front-row seats to a Cook Academy class (up to a $220 value). Learn to wrangle a delicious and aesthetically impressive meal, rendering Pollack-inspired abstract pizza deliveries thankfully obsolete. Choose a class from the culinary calendar and begin cooking up a romantic getaway replete with self-concocted sustenance at The Essex Resort & Spa. Or, skip massaging Swedish meatballs into perfect meat spheres and choose two soothing 50-minute Swedish massages for you and your companion ($220).
- The 120 rooms here are every bit as impressive as the food, and 20 acres of grounds on a majestic hillside setting enhance the experience of staying. – Frommer's
- It’s a wonderful and peaceful environment to relax and unwind with luxury amenities and an attentive four star service. It has all the comfort with that extra touch of ‘Classic Country’ feel. The hotel grounds are beautifully manicured. – Woman-and-her-dog, TripAdvisor
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 31, 2011. Amount paid never expires. 7-day cancellation policy or Groupon is forfeited. Not valid for existing or group reservations. Valid for booking starting 11/1/10. Tax and gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.