Fencing is America’s favorite sport because it combines the visceral excitement of swordplay with the stylish outfits of beekeeping. Fight fashionably with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $49 for four introductory fencing classes (a $120 value)
- $69 for six introductory fencing classes (a $180 value)
The introductory program is broken up into four one-hour sessions, beginning the first week of each month:
- Week one: introduction to foil, saber, and epee, with salute and footwork
- Week two: foil specifics including footwork and right-of-way
- Week three: saber specifics including footwork and right-of-way
- Week four: epee specifics including footwork, no right-of-way, and electronic judging
The six-week option allows for the students choice of any two follow-ups for reinforcement. Classes are divided into youth (ages 8—12) and adult (age 13 and up), and all weapons and equipment are provided.
The Fencing Center
The Fencing Center & Yoga Studio has been immersing students in swordplay and multiple yoga styles since 1981, The nonprofit employs 8 fencing coaches, one being a three-weapon Moniteur d'Escrime recipient, and surrounds students in a highly-decorated environment of achievement. Champions at international and local levels have gone through their doors, though not before starting out with required introductory and beginner classes. Students can then graduate to advanced techniques and competitive training programs in epée, foil, or saber. The center also provides 16 Olympic-style strips, 11 being grounded for a true competitive experience.
Located above all the parrying, TFC's yoga studio offers classes in a variety of styles. Five teachers guide students through Vinyasa, Hatha, and Yin styles of yoga in a relaxing yet high-energy environment.