Not only does sharp pointe work allow ballerinas to squeeze their toes onto rush-hour subway cars, but their deft feet skills also allow for easy scribbling of presidential signatures and tossing of 85 mph curveballs. Enjoy professional pointe work and its myriad benefits with today’s Groupon to the Midland Festival Ballet's production of The Firebird at the Midland High School Auditorium. Choose from the following ticket options:
- For $7, you get one adult ticket to The Firebird on Saturday, March 26 at 7:30 p.m. (a $15 value).
- For $5, you get one child's ticket to The Firebird on Saturday, March 26 at 7:30 p.m. (a $10 value).
- For $7, you get one adult ticket to The Firebird on Sunday, March 27 at 2:30 p.m. (a $15 value).
- For $5, you get one child's ticket to The Firebird on Sunday, March 27 at 2:30 p.m. (a $10 value).
Since 1994, the Midland Festival Ballet has gracefully pirouetted through masterworks and modern marvels for crowds in the Midland area. Dance and music enthusiasts alike can watch as twinkle-toes transform into tights-clad royalty, prancing elegantly with an agile feathered fowl. Watch as the dancers sashay across the stage to the stringy dissonance of Stravinsky’s The Firebird, a tale of 13 princesses, a prince, and a magical bird that possesses the innate ability to blow out trick birthday candles. Using George Skibine’s updated choreography, the Midland Festival Ballet's production of The Firebird features guest dancer Melissa Sandvig from So You Think You Can Dance, whose rhythmic toe tapping will aesthetically express Stravinsky's stirring symphony.
Pulse, as part of the Midland Reporter-Telegram, reviewed a past performance by the Midland Festival Ballet:
- …first class music with the chance to observe top dancers performing just a few feet away. – Graham Dixon
906 W Illinois Ave.
Midland, Texas 79701Get Directions