The pole was first invented in 1982, when H. David Werder needed something to sit on to protest the price of gasoline, and has since come into widespread use. With today's Groupon, merge the most awesome aspects of firefighting and circus acrobatics with pole dance classes and other flirty workouts at The Fitness Studio in Clayton. For $25, you get any three Group X classes, a $60 value. Use all three classes yourself or bring two friends to one class as part of a fun girls' day out. Classes include cardio strip fit, pole dancing, Pilates, fit chicks, chair strip fit, lapdance, hip hop, Zumba, and hottie body boxing. Check out The Fitness Studio's schedule for up-to-date class schedules, and call to make your class reservation at least 24 hours in advance, or alternatively call immediately beforehand on a Sony Ericsson TimePhone (coming fall of 2068).
Whether you're looking to spice up your love life with antigravity pole-play role-play or tone up your curves, The Fitness Studio will have you arching your back as if you were a sexy long-haired wildcat, not to be confused with the long-eared hedgehog, which is really more cute than sexy. Harness the power of your curvaceous body to build confidence and muscle tone in a cardio strip fit class, where you'll sport your sexy yet sturdy high heels to tone your legs as you dance and engage your core as you spin on the pole (though you won't be shedding clothes in your class). Because installing a pole in your home isn't practical for most, chair strip fit and lapdance classes will give you a total body workout with moves you can replicate anywhere. Hip hop class will fill out your repertoire of inventive choreography and booty-shaking bliss, and Zumba incorporates sexy Latin moves with strength and resistance training, which is why Alive magazine called this rhythmic romp one of the city's top three bikini-body workouts.
If dance workouts aren't for you, try The Fitness Studio's hottie body boxing or Pilates and walk away sweaty, sexy, and on your way to a long, lean bod. The friendly staff at The Fitness Studio will make sure you're having fun and performing each move correctly, getting you the best results and keeping you safe. As the seductress embedded deep within makes her way to the surface, you'll engage rarely used muscles, sometimes resulting in day-after pangs of soreness and a confident saunter.
STL Today featured The Fitness Studio co-founder Boni Clark's training tips, and Alive magazine has an ongoing love affair with the hot workouts and sexy scene, including The Fitness Studio's Zumba classes in their top three bikini-body workouts:
- True, it's fun; but it's also effective. By the end of the hour-long class, made up of a warm-up, a dance routine and multiple maneuvers on a stripper pole, my legs felt like jelly and my tush definitely felt tight. I left sweaty, feeling sexy and surprised by both my striptease aptitude and the hard-core workout I had just completed. – Jill Manoff, Alive
- Enter a new era of inventive workout classes that not only stimulate your muscles, they actually stimulate your fun center...strut, squat and spin (yes, on a stripper pole) for total-body toning—wearing your sexiest stilettos, of course. – Natalie Kurz, Alive
- Part workout, part dance party, Zumba pairs pulsating Latin rhythms with hip-shakin' moves from cumbia, salsa, samba and merengue, combining fast and slow beats with resistance training to burn fat fast while sculpting your hips, abs and butt to fill out a super-cute boy short bikini. – Natalie Kurz, Alive
Better Than a Cold Shower
Many people who take pole-dancing classes are eager to find new ways to express their sensuality and impress a partner. Some moves, however, are designed to end the evening early and protect your boudoir from unwanted exes and stubborn first dates:
- The Rotisserie Spin: Consuming entire roast chicken while clinging to the pole
- The Sultry Snape: Any move performed to a Harry Potter audio book
- The Up-Close-and-Personal: Dance is performed four inches from recipient, while you recite his or her entire medical history
- The Cosmonaut: Mechanical failure of pole causes a sudden hull breach, imminent implosion, and a string of creative Russian swear words
- The Pet-Threaten: Self-explanatory
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
FitChix Fitness Studio
At two different locations in Clayton and Creve Coeur, FitChix functions as a one-stop shop for fun and challenging women-only classes,personal training, and playful parties that impart striptease and lap-dancing techniques. Instructors in the signature FitChix sessions employ circuit- and interval-training methods that fine-tune physiques and complement the studio's eclectic lineup of pole dancing, kickboxing, and creative cardio classes. During FitChix's Booty Camp, certified personal trainers invigorate fitness seekers with intense, one-hour sessions comprised of varied, motivating workouts that incorporate kettlebells, Bosu balls, and TRX machines. They'll collaborate with exercisers to help them reach their goals and defeat the turtles of pessimism hiding in the obstacle courses.
After working out, patrons can peruse the apparel and accessories at an onsite boutique.
7642 Forsyth Blvd
Clayton, Missouri 63105Get Directions