Pilots are the cowboys of the air, roaming the wide-open skies and herding children’s runaway balloons. Giddy up, up, and away with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$59 for a weekday extended discovery-flight session for one (a $120 total value)
- 15–20 minutes of ground instruction (a $42 value)
- 40 minutes of flight time with an FAA-certified instructor (a $78 value)
- The student can help guide the plane through a series of turns, climbs, and descents.<p>
$149 for a three-hour private-pilot training package (a $304.80 total value)
- Flight and ground instruction (a $126 value)
- Time in an FAA-approved flight simulator (a $42 value)
- Headset rental (a $3 value)
- 50 minutes of instructor-assisted flight time in an aircraft (an $88.80 value)
- Logbook (a $15 value)
- The 1.3 total hours of simulator and in-air training can be recorded and applied toward a pilot’s license.
- Although the entire experience takes about three hours, the ground instruction and flight time can be scheduled on different days.<p>
Both options are open to children as well as adults and are best suited for ages 10 and older. All people on flight must have their own Groupon.<p>
The Flight School
A 2012 Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association's Outstanding Flight School, The Flight School's FAA-certified instructors propel aspiring pilots toward their aviation goals, starting students off on their paths to becoming jet-flying professionals or recreational pilots with complete mastery of the fundamentals. In addition to explaining theory during ground instruction and using an FAA-certified PI-135 flight simulator to safely begin developing the necessary in-flight skills, the instructors take students airborne for hands-on practice. The rental fleet boasts nine aircraft, including a Cessna 172, a Piper Arrow, and a twin-engine flying carpet.
“AWESOME...will be going back for more!!!”
“The flight was good and the instructor was good with my son. ”
“This place was great. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and you felt safe flying for the first time and it was all a lot of fun. ”