All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed May 26, 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013
Reviewed April 3, 2013
What You'll Get
For too many North Americans, their de facto second home is an office, a car, or that one bear trap they keep falling for. Enjoy a home away from home away from home with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $339 for a two-night stay in the Parker Suite with a private bathroom with soaking tub, French doors, and two walk-in closets, plus a three-course cooking class for two (a $750 value)
- $229 for a two-night stay in the Parker Suite with a private bathroom with soaking tub, French doors, and two walk-in closets (a $550 value)
- $155 for a two-night stay in the Salt Spring Room or the Arbutus Room with a shared bathroom (a $350 value)
- $215 for a two-night stay in the Crofton Suite with a private bathroom (a $500 value)
- $119 for a two-night stay in the Loft Suite, a standalone cottage with private bathroom, living room, and kitchenettes (a $250 value)<p>
All options accommodate up to two guests of any age and include daily breakfast. Check in is at 4 p.m., and checkout is at 11:30 a.m. Combine two Groupons to stay up to four nights.<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 14, 2013. Amount paid never expires. Must book by 4/13/13 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 5/13/13. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Subject to availability. 72hr cancellation notice. Must be 19 or older to check in and stay. Taxes are not included in this Groupon. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Gabled Cottage and Loft
Yachts and tugboats cruise around Osborne Bay in the coastal town of Crofton, located about an hour north of Victoria. You can get gorgeous views of the bay from The Gabled Cottage and Loft, a shingled A-frame house surrounded by gardens.
Inside, white wainscoting, oil paintings, and crackling fireplaces create a sophisticated setting. Four bedrooms inhabit the house, including a master suite with french doors that open onto a slate-tile deck. The carriage house next door holds The Loft, a shabby-chic hideaway draped in white linens.
Check out the neighbouring seaside villages of Chemainus and Duncan, where you can see musicals and First Nations craft galleries. Many people hop aboard the Salt Spring Island ferry to peep at celebrities' summer homes, though visitors can also savour views of the bay as blue herons, sea lions, and otters hold meetings of their model UN in the shallows.