- $39 for a 5K entry for one with VIP Glo gear ($65 value)
The 5K starts at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, September 19, at Alliant Energy Center. Runners must first pick up their packets before the packet-pickup area closes at 7 p.m. Runners then line up for a route replete with black lights and music. At 7:40 p.m., a DJ begins to spin at the finish line, kicking off an after party that also features a costume party. The VIP Glo gear includes a fluorescent Glo logo T-shirt, six pieces of glow-in-the-dark swag, and light-up sunglasses.
Mother's Day 5K
Rather than giving your mom the same old card and 20-verse sonnet this Mother's Day, the Mother's Day 5K lets everyone create a morning of memories during a great cardio workout (plus candies and flowers, of course). Here's what participants and their matriarchs can expect from this heartwarming adventure:
- The Course: The 5K which can be run or walked, starts and ends in Olin Park, and charters Expo Way and circles Quann Park
- The Perks (from the starting line): Everybody gets a stylish and super-soft ring-spun designer tee, available in purple or gray, and a racing bib with a timing chip built in.
- The Perks (at the finish line): Mother (and all finishers) receive a rose, plus a chocolate cake pop.
- The Cause: Proceeds benefit the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance