What You'll Get
- $39 for 5K entry with VIP package ($65 value)
The 5K starts at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 19 at Alliant Energy Center. The 5K takes runners through a safari-themed course featuring glowing lions and giraffes, a 100-foot long black light cheetah, and a dazzling light show all on the way to a high-energy finish line DJ dance party. Runners can pick up their packets at the start line starting at 6 p.m. At 7:40 p.m., the DJ begins to spin at the finish line where runners can party like animals. The Energy Upgrade includes a Glo logo T-shirt, six pieces of glow-in-the-dark swag, light-up sunglasses, and entry to the first two waves.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 5, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Must sign waiver. Limit 10 per person. under 18 must have guardian-signed waiver. Online registration required by 9/5/15. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Mother's Day 5K
Rather than giving your mom the same old card and 20-verse sonnet this Mother's Day, the Mother's Day 5K lets everyone create a morning of memories during a great cardio workout (plus candies and flowers, of course). Here's what participants and their matriarchs can expect from this heartwarming adventure:
- The Course: The 5K which can be run or walked, starts and ends in Olin Park, and charters Expo Way and circles Quann Park
- The Perks (from the starting line): Everybody gets a stylish and super-soft ring-spun designer tee, available in purple or gray, and a racing bib with a timing chip built in.
- The Perks (at the finish line): Mother (and all finishers) receive a rose, plus a chocolate cake pop.
- The Cause: Proceeds benefit the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance