Running a race is one of the great human challenges, alongside raising a child and peeling a ripe mango without basically ruining it. Go the distance with this Groupon.
- $39 for 5K entry with VIP package ($65 Value)
The 5K starts at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 20. Runners pick up their packets at the starting line—a gigantic pair of glow-glasses—and move through the lenses to the beat of DJ-spun high-energy dance music. On their way to the finish line, runners pass through music-filled "dreamscapes"—100-foot tunnels of light formed by glowing arches. At 7:40 p.m., a DJ begins to spin at the finish line, kicking off the after party.
Mother's Day 5K - Milwaukee
Rather than giving your mom the same old card and 20-verse sonnet this Mother's Day, the Mother's Day 5K lets everyone create a morning of memories during a great cardio workout (plus candies and flowers, of course). Here's what participants and their matriarchs can expect from this heartwarming adventure:
- The Course: The 5K, which can be run or walked, charts a scenic route along Milwaukee's Lake Michigan shorefront.
- The Perks (from the starting line): Everybody gets a stylish and super-soft ring-spun designer tee, available in purple or gray, and a racing bib with a timing chip built in.
- The Perks (at the finish line): Mother (and all finishers) receive a rose, plus a chocolate cake pop.
- The Cause: Proceeds benefit Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance, an education-based organization that raises funds for ovarian cancer research.