- $39 for 5K entry with VIP package ($65 value)
The 5K starts at 8:45 p.m. on Saturday, July 11. The 5K takes runners through a safari-themed course featuring glowing lions and giraffes, a 100-foot long black light cheetah, and a dazzling light show all on the way to a high-energy finish line DJ dance party. Runners can pick up their packets at the start line starting at 7:15 p.m. At 9 p.m., the DJ begins to spin at the finish line where runners can party like animals. The Energy Upgrade includes a Glo logo T-shirt, six pieces of glow-in-the-dark swag, light-up sunglasses, and entry to the first two waves.
Mother's Day 5K
Rather than giving your mom the same old card and 20-verse sonnet this Mother's Day, the Mother's Day 5K lets everyone create a morning of memories during a great cardio workout (plus candies and flowers, of course). Here's what participants and their matriarchs can expect from this heartwarming adventure:
- The Course: The 5K, which can be run or walked, starts and ends at Shelby Park and charts a scenic route along the Sevier Lake.
- The Perks (from the starting line): Everybody gets a stylish and super-soft ring-spun designer tee, available in purple or gray, and a racing bib with a timing chip built in.
- The Perks (at the finish line): Mother (and all finishers) receive a rose, plus a chocolate cake pop.
- The Cause: Proceeds benefit Women On Maintaining Education and Nutrition (W.O.M.E.N.), a non-profit with the mission to bridge service gaps to reduce health disparities.