Like suntans and long-distance relationships, golf skills disappear if you don't keep working at them. Keep the magic alive with today's deal: for $30, you get an 18-hole round of golf and a cart rental at The Golf Club at McKinney (up to a $70 value). This Groupon can be redeemed anytime Monday through Friday and after 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays, but it is not valid for use during outings or tournaments. Proper golf attire is required.
Put your clubs to work on The Golf Club at McKinney's par 72 course, designed for all levels of ballclobberers. Confidently planted in a lush rural setting, the pristine golfscape is bedecked with TifEagle bermuda greens, bermuda fairways, and four sets of tees to accommodate all players. True golf buffs may note that holes 12 and 16 are replicas of the same holes at Augusta National. The club will also loan you a motorized cart, allowing you to swoop past steep hills, steer past bunkers, and speed through wormholes into the future.
Between putts and struts, take advantage of McKinney's practice facility, or wet your whistle at the Wilson Creek Grill, which features breakfast and lunch seven days a week as well as a full bar. Call ahead to reserve your tee time up to seven days in advance.
- …the designer, Lyndy Lindsey, has done an excellent job of taking advantage of the local terrain as well as adding some slope and numerous berms to the side of the fairways. – Texas Outside
- The course is challenging and the greens are Tour-like in speed. For being dormant in the winter, the course is well maintained and in great shape. – Sherrifboy, Golf Link
The Golf Club at McKinney
Ensconced by dense woodlands, The Golf Club at McKinney's 18-hole layout undulates through a rural landscape that feels far away from the hustle and bustle of civilization. The combination of tree-lined fairways, water hazards, hills, and considerable length—the course measures 6,807 yards from the tips—make the par 72 layout a real challenge for golfers of all abilities. To help level the playing field, the Club offers a grass-tee driving range and two greens, one dedicated to putting practice and the other to chipping.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Length of 6,807 yards from the tips
- Course rating of 73.7 from the tips
- Slope rating of 140 from the tips
- Four tee options