A one-man show takes the weight of an ensemble cast off a weary stage and frees up space in the program to congratulate the actor for appearing in 3-D. Experience the wonders of one with today's Groupon to David Cale's The History of Kisses at The Studio Theatre. Choose from the following options:
- For $25, you get one ticket for Wednesday, June 15 at 7:30 p.m. (a $50 value).
- For $25, you get one ticket for Thursday, June 16 at 7:30 p.m. (a $50 value).
- For $28, you get one ticket for Friday, June 17 at 7:30 p.m. (a $57 value).
- For $28, you get one ticket for Saturday, June 18 at 2:30 p.m. (a $57 value).
- For $28, you get one ticket for Sunday, June 19 at 2:30 p.m. (a $57 value).
David Cale, a writer of songs, monologues, plays, and musicals, premieres his newest play at the Studio Theatre, building upon an already impressive resumé as an Obie Award winner, contributor to National Public Radio's This American Life, and performer alongside Bette Midler. The world premiere of his current one-man show, The History of Kisses, follows a writer who isolates himself in an oceanfront motel as inspiration to complete a steamy collection of seaside romance stories, but whose work is interrupted by the trysts of his motel-mates and a constant stream of texts from teenage lobsters.
The History of Kisses will be performed at The Metheny, one of four venues at the Studio Theatre, with an approximate 200-seat count that ensures total intimacy and closer range for telepaths sending actors psychic requests for "Free Bird." All Groupon buyers will be seated in the center section, shown here in yellow.
Logan Circle - Shaw
1501 14th St. NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20005