Oysters are said to be an aphrodisiac, much like a bottle of red wine or a powerful brain visibly pulsing beneath a skull. Start the evening off right with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $18 for $30 worth of food and drink for two or more people
- $35 for $60 worth of food and drink
The House of Seafood
Snow crab. Lobster. Mahi-mahi. These are just a few of the undersea delicacies you'll run into during a trip to The House of Seafood, an aptly named restaurant specializing in fresh catches from around the globe. Here, chefs turn the oceanic hauls into dozens of signature entrees, from shrimp in pomodoro sauce to tilapia grilled in a sweet citrus butter.
Before you pull out your bib and harpoon, check out a few of our recommended dishes:
- Cioppino: This flavorful stew, which was originally created by the Italian immigrants of San Francisco's North Beach, combines crab legs, mussels, shrimp, and fish with a simmering tomato-based broth.
- Nathan's fish fry: A flavorful take on the British classic, this fish fry features a fillet of mild swai dusted with a crispy salt-and-pepper crust. That's where the similarities end; chefs swap vinegar for a spicy chili sauce and trade chips for a bed of rice.
- Shellfish steamers: Served by the pound, these feasts combine spiced mussels, clams, crab, or shrimp with sides including andouille sausage, red potatoes, and steamed rice.
- Surf 'n' turf: The House of Seafood also offers some non-seafood entrees, including steak, pasta, and chicken. Those who can't decide between a meal from the land or sea might want to opt for the surf 'n' turf, which pairs a 6-ounce cooked-to-order sirloin with skewers of plump grilled shrimp.