Today's Groupon shares the grapes and other fruits of the world's winemakers and Houston's finest chefs. You get an October 24 ticket to The Grand Tasting Experience, the premiere event of Houston's only weeklong celebration of wine and food, The Houston Cellar Classic. You may upgrade to VIP admission package (which includes a $100 bottle of wine) on the day of the event for an additional $50 at the door. The Grand Tasting Experience will have more than 100 wines for sampling, foods from some of Houston's finest restaurants, live music on the patio, and deep discounts on retail wines.
Restaurants including Textile, Kiran's, Quattro, and NOE will be cooking up and dishing out delicious tastes, while Max's Wine Dive and The Tasting Room pour perfectly paired wines. Best of all, The Grand Tasting Experience's wines work with all types of wine noses.
The event takes place from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 24 at The Tasting Room in Uptown Park. A portion of all sales at the event will benefit Houston's own Recipe for Success foundation, a non-profit organization that helps combat childhood obesity by teaching food appreciation and nutritional understanding.
- The Houston Cellar Classic continues to grow, attracting a diverse audience of thousands of guests each fall, from wine connoisseurs and epicures to novices wishing to enhance their palates. – Texas Magazine
How to Properly Taste Wine
For total wine enjoyment, the wine drinker must engage in a multi-step process designed to enhance the flavor, the body, and the unique characteristics with each sip:
- Give the wine in your glass one of three names: "Gary," "Darryl," or "Garryl."
- Bring the wine glass to your right eye and stare deeply into it for at least 30 minutes until you can no longer tell where the wine ends and you begin.
- Starting with your left pinky and moving right, fully submerge each of your fingers into the wine glass until all fingers are in the glass.
- Take a sip and slosh it around. When someone gives you some surprising news, spit it out.
- Put all of the wine from your glass into your mouth, but don't swallow. When all the wine is in there, open your mouth and say, "Keys. Once angry keeping flagrant." Enjoy the wine that is left in your mouth.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
1101 Uptown Park Blvd
Houston, Texas 77056Get Directions