Unlike real life, which is limited by the laws of nature, theater allows actors to hover high above the stage in search of suspended blocks of cheddar. Enter a world unhindered by reality with today’s Groupon, which gets you a yearlong membership to the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts downtown. Choose between two options:
- For $50, you get a $100-level MembersFirst membership.
- For $125, you get a $250-level MembersFirst membership.
The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts is dedicated to providing artistically diverse productions and enhancing the community with exciting performances in its four theaters, which are designed to woo the senses with professional acoustics, excellent lines of sight, and scratch-n-sniff wallpaper. A one-year, tax-deductible membership, which can be used by an entire household, comes in two flavors:
- The $100-level MembersFirst membership offers customers multitudinous amenities, such as first dibs on tickets for Kentucky Center Presents and PNC Broadway Across America shows. It also features waived handling fees on all performances, 15% off and priority seating at Kentucky Center Presents shows as available, a subscription to Louisville magazine, and much more.
- The $250-level MembersFirst membership option includes everything offered by the $100-level MembersFirst membership, and cranks up the rowdy theater vibe by adding 10 complimentary nonalcoholic-drink coupons, as well as the honor of having your name listed in Backstage Pass magazine, the center’s official quarterly.
The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts was recently recognized for its artistic diversity in a Sherman’s Travel article. In addition to a bar that opens before select shows to serve premium cocktails, wines, and beers, the center boasts a permanent art display that shows off 20th-century works by internationally renowned artists and lesser-known locals. Though it's listed as an individual membership, a $100-level or $250-level MembersFirst membership can be enjoyed by the entire household, smoothly spreading the benefits across your whole family like warm cream cheese over a chilled stick of butter. Check the calendar for show schedules.
Valid for new members only.
Sherman's Travel named Louisville one of America's Top 10 Underrated Cities, crediting the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts for its "diverse art scene." Three Judy's Book reviewers give it an average of four stars:
- The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts is truly a jewel in downtown Louisville. The modern architecture stands out downtown without being overwhelming. – Ginger L., Judy's Book