Participants go on a waterfall hike led by an expert naturalist guide and sample chocolates in a lush tropical garden and rainforest
About This Deal
- What’s included:
- Medium-rated hike to a secret waterfall
- Light snacks, juice
- Mini chocolate tour; introduction to chocolate making, learn how chocolate goes from the tree to scrumptious desserts
- Samples of Hawaiian chocolate
- Educational garden tour
- By appointment
- Departure location: Huelo, Hawaii
- Tours run 7 days a week and start at 10 a.m.
- Length of tour: approximately two hours over 1.5 miles with stops along the way
- Notable sights:
- Ancient water tunnel of Kana Mo’o (the mythological Giant Lizard God)
- Magical sacred Hawaiian waterfall
- Ancient jungle stream
- Hawaiian tropical rainforest
- World’s largest prehistoric dinosaur ferns
- What to bring: good walking shoes, bug spray, umbrella or raincoat
- On-site upgrade available to the full chocolate tour with samples of seven chocolates from around the world and the full artisan chocolate-making presentation.
- Proceeds go toward protecting and restoring the beautiful historical heritage gardens
Need To Know
About The Kings Gardens Maui
Open after 100 years, Kings Gardens Maui operates waterfall hikes and chocolate tours through a historical Hawaiian Heritage Estate. Kings Gardens Maui isn’t just a trek through a beautiful tropical rain forest, but an exploration of cultural and natural history. Guests can witness the world’s largest dinosaur ferns, journey through an ancient water tunnel, and even see the King’s scared pool.
Considered “The food of the Gods”, Kings Gardens Maui’s optional chocolate tour features an exploration of their grand cacao gardens. This intriguing tour offers an in depth examination of the harvesting and production chocolate, including a tasting. What’s more, all profits go to charity to support efforts to restore and maintain Kings Garden.