What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Are You Exciticated?
Lunch on thoughtful, organic cuisine from the Larchmont Larder: a 10 spot gets you $20 of fine food lovingly prepared by Swiss-born chef Michael Beglinger and served in a lovely little clapboard bungalow in Hancock Park. The Larchmont Larder offers a rotating weekly menu of seasonal cuisine at reasonable rates.
The menu changes each week, but expect to see fresh, savory creations for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, such as Swiss Birchermüsli, pulled short rib sandwich on brioche, curried chicken salad, or spinach-ricotta gnocchi.
Today’s Groupon is good for in-store food only—and just as well, since you’ll probably want to watch Beglinger and his staff at work in the Larder’s open kitchen to absorb cooking tips on the sly. If it’s a nice day, take your date and sit on the front porch for a spell to lunch alfresco.
Critics from the blog Eating L.A. and LA Weekly rave about food and ambience at the Larchmont Larder:
- …the Larchmont Larder has been listening carefully to what locals want to eat for several months now. We’re beyond thrilled, even if hardly anyone else notices.– Jessica Ritz, LA Weekly
- I think people are just going to show the place to their kitchen designers and say, "Make it look just like this." With shiny white marble counters and open kitchen with hanging copper pots -- everything is fresh and pretty, just like the food. – Pat, Eating L.A.
The Larchmont Larder scores a near-perfect 4.5 stars on Yelp. Here’s what everyone’s saying between bites:
Are You Exciticated?
LA Weekly is “beyond thrilled” with the food at the Larchmont Larder. Here are the stages of excitement beyond thrilled, with helpful sentences illustrating their meanings:
- Double-thrilled: “I was thrilled when the Lakers won the championship, and double-thrilled when my apple grove bore fruit.”
- Fourled: “If the district supervisor examines the nautical instruments, he’ll be fourled with our successes.”
- Arimulingled: “The spacetronauts were arimulingled to discover that the Russian was a shared hallucination.”
- Electrificiting: “There is nothing more electrificiting than thieves stealing your law books and using them to earn certificates in fashion merchandising.”
- Delightulated: “I was delightulated to discover that the spider regurgitated Eric.”
Click here to discuss Groupon the Cat.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 8, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per transaction. Only valid for in-store food. Not valid with other discounts. No cash back. Does not include tax or gratuity. Not valid on holidays. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.