Build strength with today's side deal: for $25, you can register for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program (a $100 value). The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training is one of the world's foremost charity athletic-training programs, helping individuals professionally prepare for endurance events while fundraising for blood-cancer research. You get your choice of one of the following summer events:
- Dodge Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon & Half Marathon on June 5, 2011 (San Diego, CA)
- Mayor’s Marathon & Half Marathon presented by ConocoPhillips on June 18, 2011 (Anchorage, AK)
- America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride on June 5, 2011 (Lake Tahoe, NV)
- Group Health Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic on July 9–10, 2011 (Seattle, WA, and Portland, OR)
- Avia Wildflower Triathlons Festival on April 30–May 2, 2011 (Monterey County, CA)
- South Maui Triathlon on June 12, 2011 (Maui, HI)
- Yosemite National Park Hike on June 18, 2011 (Yosemite Village, CA)
- Grand Canyon National Park Hike on May 21 and 23, 2011 (Grand Canyon, AZ)
Team In Training's certified coaches provide nutritional and fitness advice to help participants meet their physical goals, and they welcome experienced athletes and green-but-determined terrapins alike. The program adopts a double-pronged training method, incorporating personal attention from coaches with weekly group sessions. Participants also receive travel to and accommodation at their selected event.
Much like the life of poet-turned-politician Joseph Addison, Team In Training's program has two sides: In addition to athletic training, participants receive full fundraising support, including sample and promotional materials and admittance to educational workshops. Minimum fundraising requirements depend on the event and range from $2,500-$5,000. All money raised will support valuable research for the treatment and cure of leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, and myeloma.