The human body is capable of great feats of endurance, be it running a marathon, scaling Mount Everest, or sitting through staged readings of Atlas Shrugged. Build strength with today's Groupon: for $25, you can register for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program (a $75 value). The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training is the world's foremost charity athletic training program, helping individuals prepare for endurance events while fundraising for blood cancer research. Use this Groupon to train for any of the following spring events:
- Yuengling Shamrock Marathon and Half Marathon on March 20, 2011 (Virginia Beach, VA)
- SunTrust National Marathon and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield National Half Marathon on March 26, 2011 (Washington, DC)
- Country Music Marathon and Half Marathon on April 30, 2011 (Nashville, TN)
- St. Anthony's Triathlon on May 1, 2011 (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Columbia Triathlon on May 22, 2011 (Ellicott City, MD)
Team In Training's certified coaches provide nutritional and fitness advice to help participants meet their physical goals, and they welcome experienced athletes and green-but-determined terrapins alike. The program adopts a double-pronged training method incorporating personal attention from coaches with weekly group sessions. Participants also receive travel to and accommodation at their selected event.
Much like the life of poet-turned-politician Joseph Addison, Team In Training's program has two sides. In addition to athletic training, participants receive full fundraising support, including sample and promotional materials and admittance to educational workshops. All money raised will support valuable research for the treatment and cure of leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, and myeloma.