The human body is capable of great feats of endurance, be it running a marathon, scaling Mount Everest, or sitting through staged readings of Atlas Shrugged. Build strength with today's Groupon: for $25, you can register for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program (a $75 value). The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training is the world's foremost charity athletic training program, helping individuals prepare for endurance events while fundraising for blood cancer research. Use this Groupon to train for any of the following summer events:
- Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon Half Marathon on May 15, 2011 (Fredericksburg, VA)
- America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride (100 miles) on June 5, 2011 (Lake Tahoe, CA)
- DODGE Rock 'n Roll San Diego Marathon & Half Marathon on June 5, 2011 (San Diego, CA)
- Fletcher Flyer 2011 (100 miles) on June 5, 2011 (Asheville, NC)
- ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon on June 5, 2011 (Annapolis, MD)
- Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon on June 26, 2011 (Philadelphia, PA)
Team In Training's certified coaches provide nutritional and fitness advice to help participants meet their physical goals, and they welcome experienced athletes and green-but-determined terrapins alike. The program adopts a double-pronged training method incorporating personal attention from coaches with weekly group sessions. Participants also receive travel to and accommodation at their selected event.
Much like the life of poet-turned-politician Joseph Addison, Team In Training's program has two sides. In addition to athletic training, participants receive full fundraising support, including sample and promotional materials and admittance to educational workshops. All money raised will support valuable research for the treatment and cure of leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, and myeloma.
Must register by February 18.