Click above to buy this Groupon for tickets to the Friday, December 4 show at 7:30 p.m. for $16 ($37 value). Click on the links below for other dates and times.
- Buy here for a $16 ticket to the Thursday, December 3 show at 7:30 p.m. ($32 value)
- Buy here for a $16 ticket to the Friday, December 4 show at 7:30 p.m. ($37 value)
- Buy here for a $16 ticket to the Saturday, December 5 show at 7:30 p.m. ($37 value)
- Buy here for a $16 ticket to the Sunday, December 6 show at 3 p.m. ($37 value)
- Buy here for a $16 ticket to the Sunday, December 6 show at 7:30 p.m. ($37 value)
Jump to: Reviews
Relive Catholic-school memories, laugh off the calories in a pack of candy canes, and see the story of the nativity from Sister’s side with today’s side deal. For $16, you get a ticket to the Long Center’s presentation of Sister’s Christmas Catechism at the intimate and adaptable Debra and Kevin Rollins Studio Theatre (an up to $37 value). With slightly more than 200 seats, there’s not a bad seat in the house (though Sister might designate one and make you sit in it if you misbehave).
In this sequel to smash hit Late Night Catechism, Sister uses “scientific tools,” a choir, and a throng of press-ganged audience members to create a living nativity you’ll have to see (or be in) to believe. The show is largely improvised, but don’t forget who raps the ruler around here, or Sister will make you a back-row sheep…again. Bring your family, friends, or first-communion pew mate for a hilarious spin on the season’s most famous still life.
Reviewers of the traveling production love its nostalgic laughs and improvised fun: > * ‘Sister’s Christmas Catechism’ offers up a taste of nostalgia – Alice T. Carter, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review > * The show is a lot of fun from start to finish, and well worth catching. – Deborah Martin, San Antonio Express-News