- $12 for two tickets to The Mega 80s ($20 value)
- When: Saturday, August 23, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Magic Bag
- General admission
The Mega 80s
- What they are: a living time capsule of ’80s sounds and kitsch
- How much of that era they cover: everything from the gritty rock of Joan Jett and the New Wave of Devo to the hair-metal of Bon Jovi, the hip-hop of Run DMC, and the notable speeches of Reagan
- Proof of their party-instigating powers: The band has taken home Real Detroit’s award for “Best Cover Band” 12 years in a row.
The Magic Bag
A movie theater, comedy club and concert venue, The Magic Bag always has something new to light up its marquee. The theatre has become a go-to for nationally touring bands—including The English Beat, symphonic pop outfit The Polyphonic Spree, and surf-rock legend Dick Dale—as well as popular tribute acts like The Mega 80s, Lez Zeppelin & Panama. Acclaimed comedians such as Gilbert Gottfried, Jeff Ross, and Brian Posehn take the stage on a regular basis at the club, and cult-favorite films are the main attraction on Brew & View nights.