Before people ventured out into the sea, they believed its waters were full of rainbow-conjuring dolphins, humpback whales that cheerfully wink, and calypso-singing lobsters. Learn what oceangoers learned with today’s Groupon: membership at The Mariners' Museum, located in Newport News. Choose one of the following Groupons:
- For $35, you get a one-year household membership ($75 value), good for two adults and all children under 21.
- For $20, you get a one-year individual membership ($45 value).
The Mariners' Museum puts nautical adventure on display with a treasure chest of oceanic artifacts. With either deal, you'll get unlimited admission to the museum. Tickle your grey matter with its outstanding exhibition: artifacts from the USS Monitor, an ironclad ship that battled bravely and sunk during the Civil War’s Battle of Hampton Roads. Or, see exquisite sea-inspired art and thousands of meticulously crafted ship models, which were occasionally used in the Keebler Elves' royal navy. Visitors can also stroll through The Mariners’ Museum Park, which is one of the largest privately-owned and -maintained public parks in the country. Members also receive the following benefits:
- Invitations to members-only receptions and events.
- Free subscription to AHOY!,, the members' magazine
- 10% discount in The Museum Shop and Compass Café
- Membership eligibility in The Bronze Door Society, Friends of the Library and Friends of the Park.
- One complimentary guest pass (two for household membership)
- Discounts on educational programs and more
- … The USS Monitor Center, which houses the remains of the famous Union ironclad… You can actually walk into a remarkable, full-size reproduction of the turret exactly as it was found, lying upside down, on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean, a crewman's skeleton clearly visible. – Frommer's
- This museum is the way all museums should be - it has so many different things to look at (pics, movies, artifacts, computers, displays, etc.). You never could get bored at this place. – patch101, TripAdvisor
100 Museum Dr.
Newport News, Virginia 23606Get Directions