- Tickets to The Mega 80s
- When: Friday, June 19 or 26 at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Magic Bag
- General admission, 21 and over
- $13 for two tickets (up to $20 value)
- $21 for four tickets (up to $40 value)
The Mega 80s
- What they are: a living time capsule of ’80s sounds and kitsch with with top-notch multimedia & videos of the era
- How much of that era they cover: everything from the gritty rock of Joan Jett and the New Wave of Devo to the hair-metal of Bon Jovi, the hip-hop of Run DMC, and the notable speeches of Max Headroom
- Proof of their party-instigating powers: The band is continuously awarded “Best Cover Band” 12 years running.
- They’ve also won Hour Detroit’s best local band in 2009, were The Knot’s Best of Weddings 2010 pick, one of WDIV - Detroit’s “4 The Best” top 5 bands, and were highlighted by Mitch Albom and Fox 2 News.
The Magic Bag
A movie theater, comedy club and concert venue, The Magic Bag always has something new to light up its marquee. The theatre has become a go-to for nationally touring bands—including The English Beat, symphonic pop outfit The Polyphonic Spree, and surf-rock legend Dick Dale—as well as popular tribute acts like The Mega 80s, Lez Zeppelin & Panama. Acclaimed comedians such as Gilbert Gottfried, Jeff Ross, and Brian Posehn take the stage on a regular basis at the club, and cult-favorite films are the main attraction on Brew & View nights.