Fondue is a ubiquitous staple of Swiss culture, matched only by neutrality, multiuse pocketknives, and the world’s most easy-to-draw cheese. Go for a dip with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $47.50 for a cheese fondue meal for two (up to a $94.90 total value)
- $95 for a cheese fondue meal for four (up to a $189.80 total value)<p>
Each diner receives:
- Order of cheese fondue (up to a $9.50 value each)
- Sampler plate includes a sampling of herb-crusted chicken, plain chicken, honey orange duck breast, teriyaki marinated sirloin, filet mignon, citrus-infused pork tenderloin, white shrimp, chicken potsticker, spinach and artichoke ravioli, and wild mushroom sacchetti (a $30 value each)
- Salad (up to a $7.95 value each)<p>
The Melting Pot
When The Melting Pot originally opened in 1975 just outside Orlando, the location was cozy and quaint, but diners had only three options: swiss-cheese fondue, beef fondue, or chocolate fondue. However, as the restaurant grew in popularity, so did its menu selection and atmosphere. The restaurant first expanded four years later under the leadership of a Melting Pot waiter and enterprising college student named Mark Johnston, who teamed up with his brothers Mike and Bob to open a new outpost in Tallahassee. This location grew in reputation to pave the way for future franchise expansion. Today, the company—now owned by the trio of siblings—reigns as the premier fondue, wine, and drink restaurant, stretching across North America with more than 140 restaurants linked by underground tunnels. The restaurant's menu has also ballooned, and patrons can now expect six varieties of hot dipping cheese paired with salads, meats, and molten chocolate.
On a given night, groups of foodies gather around tables to dine on signature four-course meals, from cheese-fondue appetizers and various salads to steaks and seafood cooked in a choice of healthy broth or oil. Birthday revelers and couples can share decadent evenings at private tables, capping off meals with chocolate desserts that have defined The Melting Pot for decades.