Learning something new requires clearing space in your head, which is best accomplished by sneezing out brain cells until you can’t remember cursive. Make room for new skills with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $45 for one 90-minute BYOB fused-glass-making class with supplies for two (a $90 value)
- $85 for the above option for four (a $180 value)
- $125 for the above option for six (a $270 value)<p>
Students can choose a class that focuses on making one of the following items:
- Owl bottle stopper with four wineglass charms
- 6-inch autumn harvest plate
- Modern-squares coaster set
- Two Japanese-symbol sushi dishes<p>
Inside the comfort of a music-filled studio, instructors lead students through the basics of cutting and layering glass pieces together to form intricate and inimitable gifts. They later fire the creations in onsite kilns and contact students for pickup within three weeks.<p>
The Mud Shack
A fused-glass peace sign dangles in a window, its iridescent blue-and-green hues catching glimmers of sunlight. Elsewhere, a shiny yellow-and-black dog formed from clay smiles from its painted-on mouth. These are just two of the many artistic projects students can tackle at The Mud Shack, an art studio brimming with classes in glass fusing, ceramics, and pottery painting. Working artists helm the sessions, guiding pupils toward creating their own magnum opuses in the form of a hand-thrown vase, a mosaic tile, or a mug for holding smaller mugs.