What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Vegetarianism and You
Growing up, many young vegetarians suffered through family dinners at restaurants such as Uncle Steak’s Meathouse, where the vegetable side was meatballs cut in the shape of broccoli, and well-meaning relatives suggested that you “just pick the meat out of your spaghetti sauce.” Today's deal gives eco-conscious and vegetarian foodies working near Lutherville a better lunch getaway. For $10, you'll get $25 worth of vegetarian fare and drinks at The Natural Brothers’ Deli & Cafe. The Brothers buy the finest local ingredients from earth-friendly, sustainable sources (except caves), then mix and match them into a green rainbow of foods and flavors.
Start by whetting your whistle with a nutritious, fresh-made fruit and veggie juice, such as green lemonade (apple, lemon, celery, and greens, $5.95) or a cleansing cocktail (carrot, apple, beet, and ginger, $4.95). For something more vitamin-packed, sip on a superfood smoothie such as the aptly named Mood Lifter (raw cacao powder, goji berries, coconut water, maca, bananas, and stevia, $8). The Brothers also serve a ton of wraps, sandwiches, and pitas. The California Wrap with lentil burger and organic hummus ($7.50) comes highly recommended, as does the Natural Brothers Powerhouse ($6.50) and the Sunny Sun Burger (made with an organic sunflower seed burger, $6.95).
Per Natural Brothers' sustainable philosophy, you may only use one Groupon per visit, but you can buy a year's worth of healthy veggie lunches if you like, if only to give them to your obese dog as a replacement for his daily pudding sack. You can also use them to treat open-minded foodie friends or provide culinary inspiration to rookie vegetarians who have been subsisting for weeks on carrot sticks and lettuce leaves with hamburgers drawn on them in edible ink.
The Natural Brothers’ Deli & Cafe got a wonderful review from Baltimore Magazine last June. The deli also gets five cows from one reviewer in HappyCow Compassionate Eating Guide's mildly puzzling rating system:
- Health food has never been better. – Carrie Oleynik, Baltimore Magazine
- I loved eating here. It was some of the best food I have had in a long time. They are friendly and knowledgeable about healthy living. – RHELM, HappyCow
- I am not a total vegetarian but I could not stop going by there to get a sun burger when I worked and lived nearby. – Reb H., SustainLane
Vegetarianism and You
You can enjoy the vegetarian fare at Natural Brothers without embracing a full vegetarian lifestyle, but if the planty treats entrance you, switching over is certainly worth thinking about. Here are some perks of a vegetarian lifestyle:
- Elevator rides with cows much less awkward.
- No more long lines at the meat or spleen counters.
- Potato and tomato rhyme, making dinnertime songwriting a snap!
- Low risk of tobacco-style ‘gotcha!’ revelations from future Surgeon Generals.
- Tazing chickens becomes fun instead of work.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 9, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per visit. No cash value. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.