All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed April 12, 2016
What You'll Get
Establishing a regular exercise routine is a great way to show your body you care and is much less painful than swallowing a greeting card. Get started on a fitness pilgrimage with today's Groupon: for $30, you get six muscle-stretching, body-bending classes in the Nia Technique ($60 value). Choose from the following classes:
- Mondays at 3:15 p.m. at the Chushin Center, 2350 Wood Avenue in Columbus
- Mondays at 10 a.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m. at the Hetter Warehouse, 4780 Kenny Road in Columbus
- Thursdays at 5:45 p.m. at Bloom! Music and Movement Centre, 1890 Northwest Blvd, Suite 110 in Columbus
- Thursdays at 6 p.m. and Fridays at 9:30 a.m. at North Broadway United Methodist Church, 48 East North Broadway in Columbus
- Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. at the Center for Wholeness, 3408 Indianola Avenue in Columbus
- Saturdays at 10 a.m. at 787 South State Street, Suite C in Westerville
Classes in the Nia technique fuse the active precision of martial arts, personal expression of dance, and self-motivation of healing arts into a whole-body aerobic exercise. The combination of yoga poses, jazz and modern dance, tae kwon do moves, and more increases strength and flexibility while improving ranges of motion, balance, and agility. This user-friendly style empowers students to move within their ranges of comfort, avoiding muscular motherboard crashes and making classes adaptable to all fitness levels. The American Council on Exercise has accredited the Nia technique; all instructors are certified and undergo an intensive Nia-specific training process, where blindfolded trainees must identify yoga poses by their vibration and catch flying dance shoes with their teeth.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 26, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Registration required. New clients only. No cash back. Not valid with other offers. Tax included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Nia Technique Columbus
The Nia Technique Columbus hopes to remove the trepidation of getting in shape with a supportive environment that welcomes people of all shapes, sizes, and fitness abilities. Workouts are based on the Nia technique, a sensory-based practice that follows a series of 52 movements crafted from jazz and modern-dance styles, tai chi, yoga, and tae kwon do.