All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
July 8, 2012
May 23, 2012
May 16, 2012
What You'll Get
Like a classic work of Victorian literature, a trip to the bar often begins with an introduction to colorful characters and ends with the revelation that everyone in the room is related to each other. Continue an age-old struggle with today’s Groupon to The Old Canal Inn in Nutley. Choose between the following options:
- For $25, you get a pub-fare dinner for two (up to a $54.50 value). This dinner for two includes:
- One appetizer (up to an $8.50 value)
- Two entrees (up to an $18 value each)
- Two beers (up to a $5 value each)<p>
- For $45, you get a pub-fare dinner for four (up to a $101 value). This dinner for four includes:
- Two appetizers (up to an $8.50 value each)
- Four entrees (up to an $18 value each)
- One pitcher of beer (up to a $12 value)
A Nutley tradition since 1934, The Old Canal Inn closed in 2008 only to rise phoenix-like earlier this year, complete with its old shuffleboard lane, and history-heavy bar top, each lauded by the Bloomfield Patch. Kick off a night of ribald revelry with a heady glass of Guinness and blackened steak bites, as beefy and darkened as Mr. Coal Miner USA, or tuck into a plate of southwest-chicken eggrolls with tongue-tingling cusabi sauce. Though the bar proudly touts its dive-ish nature, the dinner menu features such gourmand fodder as chicken marsala and peppercorn-crust new york strip, basking in a balsamic demi-glace. Events abound in the hop-house, including open mic every Tuesday, when troubadours draw inspiration from the bar-backing photos of old-timey hep cats singing Baby Got Back.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 23, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.