What You'll Get
- $12 for admission for two to Made in the USA (up to $24 value)
The Made in the USA exhibit honors nearly 120 artists that museum founder Duncan Phillips personally singled out as standard-bearers for American art in the 19th and 20th centuries. A version of the collection recently toured Italy, Spain, Japan, and portions of the United States. Newly expanded, the full exhibit encompasses works by abstract expressionists and other diverse innovators in American art.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 31, 2014. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Not valid for Phillips after 5 event on 8/7/14 from 5 p.m.–8:30 p.m. Not valid with other offers or promotions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Phillips Collection
The Phillips Collection emerged from one man's passion for art. Duncan Phillips filled his 19th-century Georgian Revival house with artwork, and he invited others to come and look at his collection. In 1921, the home formally became a museum of modern art. Impressionist and modern works fill its walls, and the collection continues to grow to accommodate contemporary artists.
- Size: rotating exhibits and a permanent collection of 3,000+ works
- Crown Jewel: Luncheon of the Boating Party, a 19th-century painting depicting an idyllic day at the Maison Fournaise restaurant
- Eye Catcher: the Rothko Room, which was specifically built to showcase expressionist Mark Rothko's colors
- Don't Miss: a meditative chamber made from 440 pounds of beeswax
- The Building: the original Phillips house as well as more modern expansions
- Special Programs: Phillips after 5 (first Thursday of every month)
- Pro Tip: A favorite painting may move around—the museum frequently changes the arrangement of its permanent collection