Pursue your long-delayed dreams of performing slow-rock ballads before the hair-band-hungry masses, or pass the dream of rock stardom to your nieces, cousins, and step-uncles with today's Groupon to The Real School of Music. Get four 30-minute private lessons with the instrument of your choice (voice, guitar, bass, keyboards, piano, sax, drums, pork-rib-xylophone, etc.), plus full membership access to the Real School facilities and events during the four consecutive weeks of lessons.
Whether you're picking up your first six-string or looking to dust off your childhood zither, the Real School of Music's friendly and knowledgeable instructors will tune your ear to the harmonic juxtaposition of superior instrumentation and teach you about music history, theory, reading, and more. Between your weekly lessons, take advantage of membership privileges by hanging out on the fun and brightly decorated campus, enjoying the free coffee, taking refuge in a tricked out practice room so your roommate doesn't have to listen to you practicing the drum solo from "Bridge Over Troubled Water," or kicking back in the comfy lounge with free WiFi. You can also attend special workshops (past topics include recording, songwriting, marketing your band, and the 10 healthiest foods of 2006), or attend private concerts by visiting artists.
Dust off your old guitar and plan the hits you'll cover at your sister's upcoming wedding, or sign your kids up for mind expanding music lessons as an alternative to other after-school programs. If you don't have your own instrument, The Real School of Music is equipped with drum sets, keyboards. Bring your own guitar.
- The Real School of Music has not just been limited to local acts. It has attracted high-profile guests and performers. Recently, Jeff Coffin, Grammy Award-winning saxophonist for the Dave Matthews Band, performed at the school and answered questions. Keyboardist Greg Hawkes, of legendary Boston-based band The Cars, gave a keyboard clinic at The Real School. The Guggenheim Grotto of Dublin, Ireland also made a performance stop at the school. – Wicked Local
Four Yelpers give The Real School of Music's top-notch instruction a perfect five stars:
- My son attends The Real School of Music for guitar lessons...The instructors and staff make this more than a place just for lessons, they take it to the next level. – n g.
- What she receives from this school is so much more than just weekly "music" lessons. It's a positive, encouraging environment for her to truly be who she is and do what she loves to do...sing. – michelle f.
- The staff is fantastic, the facility is gorgeous and the kids get it. – Linda S.
The Hits of Today
Many of today’s hottest artists got their start at The Real School of Music, either as students or maintenance staff. Here are just a handful of the future Rock and Roll Hall of Famers who got their start at this humble institution:
- The Scumbuddies
- Count Funkula’s Ghost
- Tragically Hip Dysplasia
- Penny Whistle and the Groovytunes
Click here to discuss Groupon the Cat.
56 Middlesex Turnpike
Burlington, Massachusetts 01803Get Directions