- Award-winning, authentic New York–style delicatessen
- Classic New York Deli Platter feeds 10–12 people, and features a choice of quality sliced meats, including corned beef, pastrami, turkey, roast beef, ham, kosher salami, kosher bologna, and tongue
- Also comes with New York rye and sourdough bread
- Soho Sandwich Platter feeds 8–10, and features large single-meat sandwiches
- Both deli trays include potato salad, coleslaw, pickle tray, mustard, Russian dressing, and mayo
Both the AltDaily and the Virginian-Pilot have reviewed The Route 58 Delicatessen. Gayot gives it a 13/20 rating, and 91% of more than 100 Urbanspooners recommend Route 58. Yelpers and five Citysearchers give it an average of four stars.
The Route 58 Deli
The glint of sunlight off the Empire State Building. The Statue of Liberty's outstretched torch. The crack of another home run echoing within Yankee Stadium. New York City's iconic scenery was built by hard-working people who knew the value of an honest day's work and, more importantly, a hearty sandwich to keep them going. Though it may be a little outside of Manhattan proper, The Route 58 Deli replicates the sights and scents of the borough's traditional delicatessens.
Boasting a recently revamped menu, and new extended hours (Monday–Sunday 10:30 a.m.–8:00 p.m.), the Virginia Beach outpost teems with meaty mainstays, from an overstuffed reuben that earned perfect scores during HamptonRoads.com's reuben taste-test to Sabrett all-beef hot dogs whose natural casings sizzle and split with seared-in flavor. Guests can wash down these gargantuan eats with a real New York egg cream or cans of Dr. Brown's cream soda, or end meals with sweet finales including Carnegie Deli triple-baked cheesecakes.
4000 Virginia Beach Blvd.
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452Get Directions