- $99 for a Chocolate Holiday package at The Sanctuary Day Spa on Cable Street (a $200 value)
- Private day spa located near the beach, offering personalized services and organic skin products
- The Sanctuary’s Chocolate Holiday package (a $200 value) includes a peppermint foot scrub and a chocolate enzyme facial with a 20-minute scalp massage
- Sip on a cup of warm chocolate peppermint tea as you are pampered
- Treatment begins with a dreamy foot scrub and scalp massage accompanied by generous helpings of organic chocolates and hand-blended tea
- The Sanctuary Day Spa is housed in a luxurious but cozy cottage, whose interior glows with warm lighting, whitewashed walls, and burnished wood floors.
- The private treatment room is lit by crystal chandeliers and soft, stress-melting candlelight
- Call ahead to schedule your appointment
Ocean magazine named The Sanctuary the Best Boutique Spa in San Diego in 2009. Nine Yelpers award The Sanctuary an average of five stars, and six CityVoters bestow upon it a perfect five stars: > * Tucked away in a cottage-style house, owner Tracy Duhs has created a true haven at The Sanctuary, offering a delightful full day-spa experience in an elegant and charming atmosphere. With elite services and a celebrity following, The Sanctuary offers customized, state-of-the-art skin care, using only the purest organic ingredients…Every experience will have you feeling and looking like a star. – Alexa Malkasian, Ocean magazine > * Each person absolutely feels like THE most important person when they walk in to the door. I can’t recommend this Spa more highly! – suemotleygrant, CityVoter
The Sanctuary Day Spa
Pearls, crystal chandeliers, and white roses grace the country-chic interior of The Sanctuary Day Spa, once a 1950s cottage. But as attention grabbing as these embellishments are, it is the lack of patronage that is more noticeable. To make each guest feel like a VIP member, owner Tracy Duhs and her team only schedule one client at a time. This approach, coupled with cups of hand-blended organic tea, has earned the private spa high praise from local and national press. DiscoveredSD.com, for example, gave high marks to the spa’s ultimate facial, which blends vacuum massage, microdermabrasion, and red-light therapy with fragrant skincare products. Numerous publications have raved about the spa's Synergie vacuum-massage treatment, which can reduce cellulite as it detoxifies the body.
The spa space is also packed with high-end products, from herbal-infused Jadience creams, used during customized massages, to Jane Iredale mineral cosmetics, used to cover imperfections and age spots that relay one’s true birth date in Morse code. Clients are also invited to browse a collection of Arcona, Enessa, Bella Luxx, and Fenton Fallon products, which Tracy handpicks from around the world.