After navigating floating platform staircases, dodging living-room-level bosses, and searching for randomly appearing bathroom keys, most homeowners come to regret purchasing houses built by video-game designers. Today's Groupon offers respite from the chaos with a choice from two room packages at The Sanford House Inn & Spa in Arlington:
- $89 for a one-night stay in the Manor House (up to a $199 value)
- $109 for a one-night stay in a cottage or villa suite (up to a $249 value)
At The Sanford House Inn & Spa, guests can relax during an overnight stay in ornately decorated rooms and suites, which sprawl across the bed-and-breakfast’s beautifully manicured property like a peacefully slumbering ostrich herd. All rooms feature such amenities as high-speed Internet, flat-screen TVs, and a full breakfast. Homemade cookies and juice greet guests arriving to the inn, which is located close to Six Flags, Rangers Ballpark, Cowboys Stadium, and many other attractions. The four upstairs Manor House rooms ($149/night Sunday through Thursday, $199/night Friday and Saturday) are decorated with antiques both real and reproduced and offer luxuriously patterned carpeting and king-sized beds comfortable enough to lull an epileptic grizzly bear to sleep. Four private cottage suites stand just off the courtyard and boast exquisite marble bathrooms, Jacuzzis, walk-in showers, and separate bedrooms and living rooms. The Sanford House also has two villa suites available hidden near the secret garden; both include double bedrooms (a master and a guest) and Jacuzzis. Pricing for cottages and villas is $199/night Sunday through Thursday and $249/night Friday and Saturday.
Overnighters will also have the chance to enjoy half off a 30-minute spa treatment or 20% off any hour-long service at the hotel’s luxurious spa and salon. An on-site restaurant quells stomach uprisings, and the Van Gogh bar and lounge quenches the throat’s thirsty complaints with a selection of fine liquors.
- Our room was so cozy and peaceful! We sat on the terrace with a glass of champagne and enjoyed the evening, taking in the peaceful sight of the courtyard and garden. – seejules, TripAdvisor
- The Sanford House Inn and Spa may be the best kept secret in Arlington Texas. – coelondon, TripAdvisor
- The Sanford House was perfect. It's elegant and beautifully decorated. The service was great, and the food was delectible [sic]. – An OpenTable reviewer who dined on 05/29/2010