Participants can experience a two-hour boat tour during which they admire views of marine mammals and birds in their natural environment
What You'll Get
- What’s included: experienced marine biologist guide, refreshments (apple juice, coffee, donuts)
- Departure time: By appointment
- Departure location: 6200 Park Boulevard, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
- No walk-up customers or telephone reservations accepted.
- Must arrive 30 minutes prior to departure to exchange voucher for boarding pass.
- Not valid on federal holidays or holiday weekends.
- Click here to view the schedule
- Notable sights:
- Cape May Harbor
- The Sea Mist - a Bed & Breakfast known for its historic “widow’s walk”
- Congress Hall
- Cape May Point Lighthouse
- Sunset Beach
- Food, drink, and souvenirs available for purchase
- Outside food and drink not permitted
- What to bring: extra money
The Fine Print
About The Starlight Fleet
The ships that comprise The Starlight Fleet's squadron of vessels each transport passengers across the waves on a variety of sea adventures. The Starlight ferries fisherman on four-hour excursions to hook sea bass, flounder, croakers and triggerfish, the captain using sonar, GPS, and a knowledge of the currents to identify prime fishing real estate. The Atlantic Star typically serves as a whale-watching vessel and is kitted out with a snack-filled galley and a touch tank filled with horseshoe crabs and other local sea life.
The company even boasts its very own pirate ship, The Dark Star, a custom-designed vessel built by Naval Architect Michael LeMole. It takes passengers on swashbuckling adventures during which they learn what a swash is and how to buckle it, as well as participate in treasure hunts and face painting.