You can throw dirty dishes in the freezer and bury trash under unmanned lumber mines, but you can’t conceal a filthy floor. Today’s Groupon gives your home a clean slate with a three-room deep-steam clean treatment with Dupont Teflon Carpet Protector from The Steam Team for $69. The locally owned stain-busting business enlists a crew of cleaning professionals that guarantee to rid your ruggery of mysterious marks, offending odors, and fat-free organic vanilla yogurt puddles.
Routine roving of your trusty vacuum cleaner doesn't always remove textile-dwelling terrors like the notorious carpet beetle or locked-in stains from last month’s table tennis party. Pick three rooms (up to 275 square feet per room), and the Steam Team will get to work using the “hot water extraction” method and Dupont Teflon Carpet Protector to get your floor coverings flawless and free of harmful chemicals, or they'll give you your money back. The Steam Team will travel to within 25 miles of central Austin and move your furniture as needed (with a few exceptions, call for details). Your carpet will be dry again in two to 24 hours.
With the holidays approaching, you’re likely to entertain out-of-town guests and judgmental relatives, including evil twins, evil triplets, and that evil bunch of cousins. Deep clean your dwelling before the seasonal invasion to avoid uncomfortable commentary and keep your visitors from feeling like they’re hobnobbing at a frat house. This also makes a perfect passive-aggressive present for your significant other who doesn’t believe in housekeeping or a sanitary-challenged sibling away at college or at a distant horse-testing facility.
- I need the carpet both cleaned and stretched. Matt Hagebusch arrived on time, quickly assed [sic] what needed to be done and got right to work. He was able to complete the work in a timely manor. He did a very good job. – Paul McCrary, Citysearch
- The carpet looks brand new, and even my daughters bedroom, which I thought was beyond repair, looks great. – kmartinez08, Citysearch
Alternate Uses for Fog
The Steam Team is not the only business in Austin called The Steam Team: there’s also The Steam Team that specializes in fog and fog machines for all occasions. Here are a few of the many uses for fog recommended by The Steam Team:
- Save money on refrigeration by storing foods in a fog-filled basement
- Spice things up in the boudoir with a little atmosphere and a dedicated 12-person fog-management team
- Convince a smart-aleck nephew that you really do have a dragon in there
- Celebrate baby’s first birthday with fog (note: fog not safe for children under 12)
- Fog + PowerPoint = Raise at work
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Steam Team
For more than 25 years, The Steam Team has dispatched crews to residential and commercial sites to clean up and make repairs. The company's insured technicians often begin by hauling out hot-water-extraction systems that use steam to remove embedded dirt. While they're at it, the techs can also clean upholstery and leather, refinish hardwood floors, and clear air ducts of dirt and crawling action heroes. The team even repairs damage caused by fire, wind, and hail. The Steam Team does all this using biodegradable, nontoxic products that are safe for humans and pets.