Click above for Session I, Saturday, November 7, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Buy here for Session II, Saturday, November 7, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Today's Groupon shares the grapes and other fruits of the world's finest winemakers and Austin's finest chefs. You get a November 7 ticket to the first annual Grand Wine Tasting at Austin’s premier celebration of wine and food, The Austin Cellar Classic. The Grand Wine Tasting will have more than 100 wines for sampling paired with delicious morsels from the chefs at Max’s Wine Dive, live music, and deep discounts on retail wine.
Chefs at Max’s will whip up complementary cuisine to perfectly pair with premium pours, including Silver Oak, Gaja, and Two Hands Lucky Country. . Best of all, the wine at The Grand Wine Tasting work with all types of wine noses.
The event takes place on November 7 at Max’s Wine Dive on San Jacinto Avenue. There are two tasting times available, tickets 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. A portion of all sales from the Austin Cellar Classic retail wine sales will go to the Capital Area Food Bank, a community organization that provides food and groceries to more than 350 partners, including Boys & Girls Clubs and children's shelters.
This is the first annual Cellar Classic for Austin, but a similar event in Houston secured a bit of media buzz with a mention in Texas Magazine last year:
- The Houston Cellar Classic continues to grow, attracting a diverse audience of thousands of guests each fall, from wine connoisseurs and epicures to novices wishing to enhance their palates. – Texas Magazine
Wine Classics of the Future
If this year's Austin Cellar Classic goes well, we can expect a vastly expanded Cellar Classic in the years to come. Here are a few things future oenophiles have to look forward to at far-flung future wine conventions:
- Wine is enjoyed by all the senses, including newly discovered 6th sense, blap.
- Robot-sommeliers take the guesswork out of wine choices and threaten to destroy humanity less often than regular sommeliers.
- Wine stains on clothing are not a problem thanks to clear-colored crystal wine.
- Snobbery is monitored by overhead cameras, allowing snobs to be quickly arrested.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.