What You'll Get
Choose From Four Big-Time Concerts, Including The Temptations, Wang Chung, WAR, Christopher Cross, America, and More
|_Jump to: Amphitheater Reviews||Performing Artists Reviewing Themselves Performing_|
Click above for The Temptations and Ashford & Simpson, Friday, August 14 at 8 p.m. Click on the links below for other performances.
- Buy tickets for the Regeneration Tour, Wednesday, July 15 at 7 p.m.
- Buy tickets for WAR and Average White Band, Wednesday, July 22 at 8 p.m.
- Buy tickets for America and Christopher Cross, Wednesday, August 19 at 7 p.m.
Do you like music? You bet you do. With today’s Groupon, $29 gets you a terrace seat at Chastain Park Amphitheater (normally $48), located off Roswell Road in Buckhead. Rustle up friends and head to the classic outdoor venue that’s lined with classic 100-year-old trees.
The concert feeling is about experiencing thousands of people enjoying music together, feeling the excitement of the beginning of a song like “Low Rider” or the soulfully sweet “My Girl,” a sweetness magnified a thousand times as it resonates through each fan’s heart, echoes off the 100-year-old trees, and back into everyone’s hearts, creating an echo chamber of sweet excitement for the fans and indescribable euphoria for the 100-year-old trees.
Here are your concert choices:
- Flashback to the ’80s with the Regeneration Tour 2009. The show features bands (Terri Nunn & Berlin, Cutting Crew, Wang Chung, and more) who bestowed timeless, distinctly ’80s hits such as “Take My Breath Away,” “I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight,” and “Everybody Have Fun Tonight (Everybody Wang Chung Tonight)” on the world’s ears. Wednesday, July 15 at 7 p.m. Buy tickets.
- Feel the ’70s funk when WAR & Average White Band roar into town. Both bands have diverse, yet highly funky R&B sounds. And when WAR performs “Why Can’t We Be Friends” live, you can shout back, “Because you haven’t played ‘Low Rider’ yet.” Once they play “Low Rider,” you can invite them to your birthday party. Wednesday, July 22 at 8 p.m. Buy tickets.
- Sing along to the smooth hits of two Motown hits in one night and see The Temptations and Ashford & Simpson. If your papa, like theirs, was a rollin’ stone, you may be moved to tears. It’ll be like strolling down the streets of ’50s Detroit—except you’ll have a cell phone. Friday, August 14 at 8 p.m. Buy tickets.
- Remember the ’60s like they were meant to be remembered—with folk-rock legends playing legendary folk rock music. Check out America with Christopher Cross. If you and your honey don a two-person horse costume during America’s legendary “Horse With No Name,” we bet the band will notice you. Wednesday, August 19 at 7 p.m. Buy tickets.
Sit back and relax at what reviewers call “the perfect venue for outdoor entertainment”. And if you can’t choose just one show, you’re in luck: there’s no per-customer limit on this Groupon. Go to any or all of the concerts and bring along as many friends as you like.
- I’ve been to many concerts at Chastain Park, and it’s definitely my favorite venue in Atlanta. Nothing beats great music under the stars! – Michelle P, InsiderPages
- You’ll be able to see pretty well from wherever you are. The seats are bench-like in nature, so you don’t have to squeeze into one little space between dirty armrests…You don’t have to move out of people’s way when they walk by you. – Janet G., Yelp
- It’s simply magical when dusk comes, you’re with your date, the stadium is filled with twinkling candles, and you sit back and relax and enjoy the concert. – LTwosnend M., Yelp
Performing Artists Reviewing Themselves Performing
There’s no better concert review than a review taken directly from the people playing the music:
- WAR is the best band ever because we play songs like songs are meant to be played—with instruments and people playing instruments in front of people listening. In conclusion, WAR is a really good band for people to hear play music. – Eric Burdon, lead singer of WAR
- Our show may or may not feature pyrotechnics, a giant American flag made out of dyed bacon strips, a baby fashion show, 12 minutes of silence to commemorate the re-release of Platoon on Blu-ray, or a free continental breakfast. That’s why it’s awesome. – America, the band
- We know music like most bands claim to know music. What’s on the album cover of Journey’s Escape? It’s a futuristic, jellyfish, spaceship thingy. See. No one else knows that. Just like no one else knows how to play live music like Ashford & Simpson. Number one! – Nickolas Ashford, Ashford & Simpson
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 15, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Valid for terrace seats only Not applicable for previous purchases Must exchange Groupon for tickets at will call Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.