After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
Choose Between Two Options
- $18.99 for a one-year print and digital subscription ($35 value)
- $31.99 for a two-year print and digital subscription ($60 value)
Subscribers receive 12 issues per year. A digital subscription includes access to the full magazine through Internet browsers and the Texas Observer app, which can be downloaded to mobile devices from iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon.
The Texas Observer
The Texas Observer peels back the corners on stories and issues you might not otherwise hear about through the mainstream media. This Austin-based nonprofit news organization covers topics that are often ignored by other outlets, exposing injustices and producing cogent journalism that packs enough power to change lives.
But the Texas Observer's blend of thorough reporting and narrative storytelling isn't new—in fact, the magazine has been at it for more than 60 years. Frankie Randolph created the Observer in 1954, when she set out to cover topics regarding race, class, and the lives of working people. The organization's loyalty to Randolph's original vision has yielded endless praise and a steady stream of accomplishments. Here are just a few:
- Iconic national news outlets, such as the New York Times, Time magazine, and 60 Minutes, have all had their turn picking up and running a Texas Observer piece.
- Investigations and hearings have stemmed from the Observer's reporting, and they've even led to exonerations of several wrongly convicted Texans.
- Awards, awards, and more awards continue to flood in, including an Emmy and a National Magazine Award in 2015. The Observer has also been recognized for having the country's best political coverage by the Utne Reader.