$62 for a wine-tasting picnic for two ($110.65 total value)
- Private table tasting of seven wines from Twisted Twig Winery and Rendez-vous Winery in the Historic Pioneer Square ($12.50 value per person)
- SeaHive salt-and-honey cheese ($8.95 value)
- Salami ($7.50 value)
- Raincoast crisps ($8.25 value)
- Nuts and dried cherries ($5.95 value)
- Sacramento Cookie Company wine wafer ($5 value)
- Two custom-made, souvenir German lead-free crystal wine glasses ($15 value) each
- $20 in wine incentives to be used towards individual bottle purchases at time of picnic
The Underground Wine Tasting Room
Rising from somewhere below street level, the clink of wine glasses and the crinkle of chocolate wrappers announces the presence of The Underground Wine Tasting Room. A flight of stairs transports visitors back in time to what could be an early 1800's street corner, complete with surrounding brick, street lamps, and a bubbling fountain. Two award winning wineries make their home in this sunken square, located on the original level of the city of Sacramento. Amid bottles emblazoned with the logos of Twisted Twig Winery and Rendez-vous Winery, visitors lounge at bistro-style tables in the courtyard, enjoying an atmosphere reminiscent of quaint rural towns in France. Inside the tasting room proper, visitors sidle up to a long bar for aromatic pours and impromptu glass harp solos. Cheese plates and succulent chocolates complement tall glasses with their flavors.
Located 5 minutes from the Amtrak station and walking distance from more than 1,000 hotel rooms, The Underground Wine Tasting Room makes it easy for out-of-town guests to sample and purchase local wine directly from these unique wineries. Steps away, variety of museums and attractions transport visitors back in time to the days of old Sacramento. Take a break from a tasting to visit the California Railroad Museum across the street, explore Old Sacramento Historic National Park, or take an Underground Tour.