Without music, concerts wouldn't exist and funk would just be the smell emanating from an old sock filled with corn. Lend an ear to this GrouponLive deal.
- General admission and appetizers
- When: any Tuesday or Wednesday night through July 31
- Where: The Velvet Note
- Ticket values include all fees
- $14 for a concert package for two (up to a $29 value)
- $27 for a concert package for four (up to a $58 value)
Each package includes:
- One music-lounge ticket per person to an Tuesday or Wednesday concert (a $10 value each)
- One appetizer per pair (up to a $9 value). Valid appetizer options include spinach and artichoke dip, hummus plate, and caesar salad.
Jazz Trios (Every Tuesday)
Led by drummer and Georgia State University professor Justin Varnes, weekly jazz trios delight aficionados and help neophytes ease into appreciation. Together with his ever-rotating collaborators, Varnes tickles ears with nimble improvisations and welcomes questions from the audience.
Nina Carl (Wednesday, April 17)
A relative of jazz great Thelonious Monk, Nina Carl has music in her blood. During concerts, she gives voice to her deep-rooted love of jazz and pop with smoky vocals and an intimate, conversational singing style.
The Velvet Note
No strangers to the stage themselves, the board of advisors at The Velvet Note built the intimate venue as a musician’s dream of exquisite natural acoustics. On its carefully crafted soundstage sits a 1924 Baldwin Model M baby grand piano, which serves an endless lineup of locally and nationally renowned acts. In between applause and using their index fingers as maestro batons, visitors can occupy their hands with food from The Velvet Note’s menu, featuring lobster cobb salad, black mussels in garlic butter, and all manner of classic southern desserts. Run by musicians for musicians, the club creates an up-close-and-personal environment where performers and fans can actually mingle.