The dimples on a golf ball help it fly farther with greater accuracy, just like the dimples on a baby. Improve your long game with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $44 for a nine-hole round of golf for two, including cart rental and two large buckets of range balls (up to an $88 value)
- $84 for a nine-hole round of golf for four, including cart rental and four large buckets of range balls (up to a $176 value)
Both options are valid only for the nine-hole course.
The Village Links of Glen Ellyn's rates fluctuate throughout the day and week. Though the club sometimes offers discounts online, this Groupon offers the best deal available.
The Village Links of Glen Ellyn
Sculpted around many lakes, The Village Links of Glen Ellyn's 18-hole championship course and 9-hole course fill 170 acres with a verdant landscape of challenging golf. Originally built in 1967 and renovated in 2004, the championship course has played host to 40 USGA and PGA Tour qualifying tournaments, including those for the 2012 U.S. Open and 2008 U.S. Amateur.
Sixteen waterways meander through the grounds, directly entering play on all but three holes, where they enter play indirectly by threatening to take down golf shots with troupes of flying fish. On the par 4 10th hole, players must hit a difficult tee shot onto an S-shaped fairway that weaves between two large lakes. The 18th hole, also a par 4, features a treasure trove of sunken golf balls and golf carts lurking in three lakes that surround the fairway and in one that lies right in the middle. Once safely on the greens, players putt over fast A-4 bentgrass surfaces, a key addition from the 2004 renovation.
18-Hole Course at a Glance:
- Par 72
- Total length of 7,208 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 74.9 from the back tees
- Course slope of 138 from the back tees
- Five sets of tees per hole
9-Hole Course at a Glance:
- Par 36
- Total length of 3,303 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 35.7 from the back tees
- Course slope of 129 from the back tees
- Three sets of tees per hole