- Fall Bluegrass Concert
- When: Saturday, September 13, at 1 p.m.
- Where: The Vineyard at Grandview
- General admission. Guests are encouraged to bring a blanket or chair.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for two tickets (up to $30 value)
- $28 for four tickets (up to $60 value)
- $55 for eight tickets (up to $120 value)
Fall Bluegrass Concert
- The Zepp Family Band: the quartet of siblings, ranging in age from 13–19 and forever babies in their parents’ eyes, play both original and traditional bluegrass on mandolin, guitar, bass, fiddle, banjo, and the occasional trumpet
- HogMaw: Tri State Indie said of the band, “Sure they have a traditional Bluegrass swagger, but bluegrass just isn’t big enough to contain their sound. Add the title jam band, call them progressive, and you’re a bit closer, and be aware that they rock . . . out.”
- Food: JoBoy’s Brew Pub’s authentic Southern barbecue, made with homemade rubs and sauces, will be available for purchase throughout the day and in dreams for many nights to come
- Wine: guests can bring their own wineglasses and fill them with purchases from the vineyard’s own vintages, made from premium vinifera grapes
- Activities: In addition to a meet-and-greet with the winemaker, visitors receive a tour of the vineyard. They will also have the opportunity to browse and shop local artisans between acts.
The Vineyard at Grandview
Larry Kennel started his vineyard on the side of the road. Harvesting wineberries and elderberries from alongside Lancaster County’s thoroughfares, he began making his dry fruit wines as a hobby. But with encouragement from family and friends, he teamed up with his wife and two daughters to transform their Mount Joy homestead into a picturesque vineyard, with its rich soil supporting the growth of premium vinifera grapes. Guests can sip blackberry and black-cherry wine, a cabernet sauvignon with hints of ripe damson and mocha, and other appealing vintages in the natural light of the tasting room or from a deck that provides a sweeping view of the countryside.