All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed January 7, 2013
Reviewed November 4, 2012
Reviewed October 30, 2012
What You'll Get
After inventing geometry and physics, Greeks invented history—primarily as a way to document their many inventions. Take a stroll through history with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $27 for two adult tickets to the Mummies of the World exhibition, with audio tours included (a $54 value)
- $54 for four adult tickets to the Mummies of the World exhibition, with audio tours included (a $108 value)
In its exclusive Texas engagement, the Mummies of the World exhibit stands as one of the largest of its kind with 150 specimens from faraway areas and eras. From the 6,420-year-old child mummy found in the outskirts of Peru to the Argentinean howler monkey that still bears a frozen, fierce expression, the specimens aim to both intrigue the mind and provide insights into the traditions of ancient life. View mummies recovered from Ancient Egypt, South America, Europe, Oceania, and Asia, and soundtrack the experience with deeper insights courteous of your included audio tour.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 31, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Witte Museum
Witte Museum's 10-acre campus lies on the same banks of the San Antonio River that witnessed the birth of San Antonio and the story of its 300-year history. As an anchor of lifelong education, the museum shares a narrative of Texas Deep Time History and provides visitors with a wide scope of high-quality immersive exhibits and programs centered around science, history, and the heritage of South Texas.
The Robert J. and Helen C. Kleberg South Texas Heritage Center vividly depicts Texas's past, transporting visitors to the days when the vaqueros, chili queens, cowboys, and cattle kings who built Texas roamed its untamed expanses. Visitors can even see Davy Crockett's own fiddle. In the H-E-B Body Adventure, four floors of healthy, interactive adventures engage visitors of all ages, teaching about how the body works and how to stay healthy. By getting a Powerpass, visitors can walk or run down the 13-mile river walk path between the Witte and San Antonio's historic missions, timing the trek along the way to empower the pursuit of sustained health and wellness.
- Size: 11 walk-through exhibits featuring artifacts, displays, and interactive experiences
- Eye Catcher: the giant Quetzalcoatlus replica greeting guests as they walk into the H-E-B Lantern Gallery
- Permanent Exhibits: H-E-B Body Adventure, South Texas Heritage Center, Dinosaur Gallery, People of the Pecos Gallery, Texas Wild Gallery, and the Acequia Madre and Diversion Dam, an historic spot on museum campus dating back to 1719
- Visiting Exhibit: MathAlive! where interactive mathematics galleries ignite curiosity and exploration using fun mediums such as video games and sports
- Don't Miss: immersive dioramas showcasing a variety of habitats unique to the state of Texas in the Texas Wild Gallery