From Joan Rivers to Ruth Bader Ginsburg and way beyond, more than 60 of America's most notable public figures delve into their Jewish identities in Abigail Pogrebin's bestselling book Stars of David, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Gloria Steinem, Aaron Sorkin, Leonard Nimoy and many more. Now you can get an exclusive behind the scenes glimpse at Theater J's exciting new musical adaptation of the collection, as the author discusses her work with choreographer-producer-performer Liz Lerman. You'll also be treated to excerpts from the show, which sets several of the stars' stories to music by Broadway's finest composers and lyricists. A dessert reception and book signing follows this benefit for the Morris Cafritz Center for the Arts, and patron tickets include a pre-event kosher dinner buffet.
This event is best suited for those ages 8 and older.
Dinner (subject to change) includes:
- Potato Latkes served with applesauce
- Hummus, Baba Ganoush, pita petals
- Bruschetta Bazaar [roasted vegetable bruschetta, tomato bruschetta,
olive Muffaletta bruschetta] toasted garlic crostini, pita petals
Dinner Buffet (6:30pm-7:15pm):
- Grilled Boneless Breast of Chicken with teriyaki sauce
- Pareve Caesar Salad
- Long Green Beans Almondine
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Dinner Rolls, margarine
- An Assortment of Miniature [Pareve] French Pastries
- Assorted Home-Baked Cookies, Chocolate Brownies and Rugelach
- Fresh Fruit Display
- Brewed Colombian coffee, decaffeinated coffee, assorted teas, condiments, non-dairy creamer
Bartender-Serviced Beverage Bar:
- Assorted regular and diet sodas, ice water, (ice). Beer and wine for purchase.