A philosopher once called theater “the mask of convention over the face of society in the mirror of the unknown reflecting the rearview of the sports car of destiny.” Simplify this theory with today’s theatrical Groupon: for $15 you get one ticket to Theatre 13's production of The 39 Steps, performed at the Lupin Theater at NOCCA. Choose from the following show dates and times.
- Friday, August 13, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, August 14, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 15, at 2 p.m.
- Friday, August 20, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, August 21, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 22, at 2 p.m.
Theatre 13 brings Broadway's Tony Award–winning comedy to New Orleans with The 39 Steps. A fast-paced, soul-tickling farce adapted from John Buchan's 1915 spy novel and Alfred Hitchcock's eponymous 1935 film, the play requires the cast of four to portray more than 100 different characters. Using raw talent, clever set design, and split personalities, the foursome tell a story of espionage, murder, a nationwide manhunt, and dismembered limbs. Join Theatre 13 in its goal of bringing varied artistic productions to the area and hiding a 13 somewhere in every production.
The cast is comprised of local talent and is overseen by local director Ricky Graham. The multi-talented director has dabbled in writing, directing, and weaving wicker baskets using nothing but his feet. Purchase up to three of today's Groupon (all of which must be used at the same performance) and see this versatile combination of leadership and stagemanship crank out a dazzling performance.
- In the end, the biggest crime of “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” would be to miss seeing it. – Theodore P. Mahne, Times-Picayune
- The pace of the dialogue keeps the audience on its toes, but [director Ashley] Ricord shows a nice hand for Mamet’s style, finding the poetry amid the profanity. – Theodore P. Mahne, Times-Picayune
16 Newcomb Blvd.
Dixon Annex, Tulane University
New Orleans, Louisiana 70118Get Directions