- $30 for a one-year Rialto-level membership ($60 value)
Membership benefits include:
- One-year subscription to Marquee (including the Annual)
- Discounts on research in the Archives Collections
- Discounts on online merchandise
- Discounts on THS events
- Voting rights in the Society
- Access to the members-only section of historictheatres.org
Theatre Historical Society of America
Since 1969, the Theatre Historical Society of America has celebrated the history, architecture, and culture of the American theatres. The organization originally made do with housing its collections in the private homes of society members, but in 1991 they made the move to a permanent exhibit space in Elmhurst, IL. Today that space is home to a rich research archive where more than 100,000 items document the history of 18,000 American theatres dating back as far as 1880.
Members of the society enjoy discounts on research in these archives and on merchandise in the shop. They also receive a subscription to the quarterly journal Marquee, voting rights in the society, and discounts on events, including the long-running five-day Conclave Theatre Tour.