Phantoms, curses, eerie shadows, and eerie, cursed shadow-phantoms lurk in the wings at Marietta's Theatre in the Square. For $15, today's Groupon gets you a ticket to The Woman in Black, a bone-chilling thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat in all the moments you aren't jumping out of it. Tickets normally range in price up to $33, depending on showtime; this Groupon provides a discount on all tickets, with the exception of some student tix. Your Groupon is good for shows through October 24 (excluding October 15) at 8 p.m., Tuesdays through Saturdays, and 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Sundays. You must call the box office to reserve the date you want to attend. Your Groupon will get you the best seat available at the time of your reservation.
The talented David Milford and Gil Brady haunt the stage in this intense crawl through the creepy marshes of England's dreary east coast. A middle-aged lawyer enlists a young actor to help him exorcise the demons of his troubled past; as a young solicitor, the lawyer left London to sort out the estate of a client, but soon began seeing visions of a woman dressed in black. Together, the lawyer and his young friend attempt to retrace his steps and discover the truth behind this ghoulish tale.
Perfect for anyone whose nails need an impromptu dental trim, The Woman in Black blurs the boundaries between reality and theater. The final startling surprises will have you talking, dreaming, and eating about the show for weeks to come.
The walls of the intimate theater will fade out of your consciousness as the spine-tingling ghost story unfolds before your eyes. Bring someone you want to closely snuggle, or gear up for Halloween with your ghastly gang. Suitable for ages 14 and up, playwright Stephen Mallatratt's adaptation of Susan Hill's bestselling novel is a scary and delightful alternative to your teenage niece's slasher novels.
- For several years I have had season tickets to this theater and have enjoyed most of the shows. The sets are especially good. – bettyjane, Kudzu
- Although the theater is somewhat small, this theater has some really entertaining shows...Give it a try for a pleasant outing. – mohawk, Kudzu
- ...I've never seen a play I wasn't impressed with at Theatre in the Square. The cast usually puts on a great performance and makes you forget the surroundings. – Tahereh P., Insider Pages
Less-Than-Stellar New Productions
Theatre in the Square’s rival, Theatre Companye Troupe, also has a slate of new productions for the upcoming season. Though the fledgling troupe had some flops in its previous season, it has high hopes for this season’s schedule:
- Jess Wrightfield: Super Cop That Time Forgot
- Escape from the Eiffel Tower, The Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Play
- Waiting for Godot 2: Showdown in Explosion Town
- Two Naked Grad Students Yelling
- Beneath the Banal Surface of Suburbia Lies an Ironic Comment on Female Sexuality in the 1950s…Live!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
11 Whitlock Dr
Marietta, Georgia 30064Get Directions